An infrastructure engineering role with a networking focus reporting to the Infrastructure and Service Manager. This role is part of a global team providing infrastructure support for our private cloud environment.
CUBE was founded in 2011 to transform the way global financial institutions manage regulatory change. Few financial institutions have instant access to the regulatory intelligence and analytics required to understand the impact of regulatory change, and tackle it, quickly and cost-effectively. Utilizing Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing, CUBE’s enterprise-wide RegTech solution de-risks the regulatory change process and dramatically cuts compliance costs. CUBE is a fast-growing business, with offices in the UK, USA and Australia. We serve multi-jurisdictional Tier 1/2 financial institutions, including global banks, wealth managers and insurance companies. 1.5-million staff in 180 countries consume regulatory intelligence, and manage regulatory change initiatives, powered by CUBEThe role
• Apply your technical expertise to handle the day to day running of the CUBE private cloud Network environment.
• Providing 2/3rd line support for customer issues to deliver a 99.999% uptime environment in line with tight SLA's
• Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with Infrastructure team
• The support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy
• Working with ITIL aligned processes (Incident, Problem, Change and Release)
• Designing, deploying and configuring new environments, servers and services for the on-boarding of customers.
• Identify and lead the design, implementation and support of network architecture changes to minimize risk and provide an optimized, resilient and secure network environment
• Researching, designing and applying best practices, technologies and approaches to manage capacity, growth, automation, security and compliance
• Supporting other technical teams in the process of delivering changes and releases to various environments
• Creating and maintaining structured technical documentation for configuration management and knowledge sharingAbout you
- A seasoned networking and infrastructure professional with excellent all-round knowledge of LAN/WAN/Wifi/Routing and Switching/VLAN config/Encryption) with a great analytical and problem-solving ability
- Firm understanding of the design and implementation of Network Security Standards and controls
- Demonstrable abilities in TCP/IP network configuration, best practices and security in regards to servers, routing, firewalls, VLANs, VDOMS applications, databases and storage
- Managing and configuring Routing / Switching, WAN, LAN, VLAN, FortiGate UTM, Cisco ASA, Meraki, IPS/IDS
- Good operational knowledge of other Infrastructure technologies making up our proposition including Dell EqualLogic SAN/VMWare ESXi/Databases/Wintel servers
- Support, management and configuration of Windows and Linux Server's in various roles and functions (IIS, AD, DNS, FSRM, SQL)
- Self-starter able to work independently and as part of a team