Services Regulatory SME
About the role
This role has direct responsibility for maintaining and developing CUBE’s proprietary regulatory Ontology.
UK / London; Our offices are in Surrey and London, and regular attendance at both will be required, as may travel to customer sites in the UK and internationally. However, CUBE embraces a work-from-home culture when appropriate.
The Services Regulatory SME has direct responsibility for the following:
- Maintain and develop CUBE’s proprietary regulatory Ontology, enabling appropriate coverage of regulatory content for financial services globally
- Support our technical teams by validating the understanding and relevance of regulatory publications as well as the accuracy of their classifications
- Interpreting regulatory developments and communicating how these will impact customers, as well as the functionality involved when adapting to a product-led business
- Assist customers and CUBE’s project lead throughout the end-to-end implementation projects from initial customer profiling, gathering and delivering requirements, etc to full business readiness
- Once customers are in BAU, ensure unrivaled customer service and deliver high-quality regulatory expertise to optimize how they align their compliance needs to CUBE’s services and capabilities
- At least 5 years’ experience in legal/regulatory compliance functions within the financial services sector.
- Strong understanding of regulatory frameworks in North America, EU and /or APAC region would be a distinct advantage. We would value deep domain expertise in regulatory obligations for banks and insurance firms in those regions
- Extensive experience with ontology models and Artificial Intelligence tools, interacting with machine and supervised learning models/outputs and providing qualitative and quantitative feedback to data scientists
- Proven track record working in regulatory-driven projects related to Prudential requirements / Capital Markets businesses, Cybersecurity, Privacy, Technology Risk Management would be highly desirable
- Experience working with data models, regulatory mapping, taxonomies, data lineage, etc
- Expert level Excel skills
- Ability to facilitate workshops and elicit business requirements with minimal supervision
- Prior experience working in consulting firms delivering compliance advisory services would also be a distinct advantage
- Ability to build trust by doing the right thing and commitment to rigorous professional standards
- Organized and passionate about building and delivering customer-centric propositions
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
- Ability to demonstrate strong collaboration across a wide spectrum of colleagues, including internationally. A proven track record of working with offshore teams would be a major benefit.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
- Intellectual strength/flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems, apply critical thinking, and rationalisze these into workable solutions which can then be delivered
- A demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
A university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is usually preferred; however, we would be open to outstanding candidates who may have followed an alternative path
What working at CUBE offers
We offer a very competitive remuneration package where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive benefits package also includes support for flexible working. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging and knowledgeable colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skill and progress working with cutting- edge technology business ideas
CUBE is a vibrant RegTech business defining and implementing the gold standard of regulatory intelligence and change for the financial services industry. We deliver our services through a SaaS platform powered by an innovative combination of AI and proprietary data ontology.
We are creating the future and are a company rooted in technology, so we embrace that technology across our working practices but rooted in strong values, team spirit and commitment to our customers and wider communities.
We serve some of the largest financial institutions globally and are expanding our footprint very fast. As we do so, we are keen for new talent to join us and realize their full potential to grow into leadership positions within the business.