Research Team Lead
- United Kingdom
About the role
To maintain authentic, current and accurate information about laws and regulations that contain requirements for businesses.
Reporting to: Research and Linguist Manager
UK / London (Home working)
The Research Team Lead has direct responsibility for the following:
- Train researchers on CUBE research processes and data entry
- Supervise contract researchers through meetings, monitoring working hours and monitoring data quality.
- Coach contract researchers to improve the quality and efficiency of their output.
- Build positive working relationships with contract researchers to improve retention.
- Through a combination of your own research, and supervision of contract researchers:
- – Identify official, publicly available, online sources for law and regulation and news about regulatory change
- – Identify key metadata for law and regulation such as citation, effective date and status
- – Monitor law and regulations for updates
- – Translate law and regulation into English using a combination of machine translation, QA checks and corrections
- Monitor data quality to detect and resolve data quality issues
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Good research skills with an ability to analyse and interpret complex information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English (UK).
- Ability to train, motivate, monitor and coach staff.
- Good knowledge of office applications including Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint, and ability to work with electronic research resources.
- Ability to observe strict confidentiality.
- Proven team skills.
- At least one fluent second language.
- Knowledge of legal citation, concepts & terminology, and law-making and publishing processes.
- Legal qualification.
- Experience working in the Financial Services sector.
We offer a competitive package and the opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Global business delivering cutting edge technology.
CUBE is a vibrant RegTech business defining and implementing the gold standard of regulatory intelligence and change for the financial services industry. We deliver our services through a SaaS platform powered by an innovative combination of AI and proprietary data ontology.
We are creating the future and are a company rooted in technology, so we embrace that technology across our working practices but rooted in strong values, team spirit and commitment to our customers and wider communities.
We serve some of the largest financial institutions globally and are expanding our footprint very fast. As we do so, we are keen for new talent to join us and realize their full potential to grow into leadership positions within the business.