Services Project Lead
- United Kingdom
- USA (East Coast)
CUBE is a vibrant RegTech business defining and implementing the gold standard of regulatory intelligence and change for the financial services industry. We deliver our services through a SaaS platform powered by an innovative combination of AI and proprietary data ontology.
We are creating the future and are a company rooted in technology, so we embrace that technology across our working practices but rooted in strong values, team spirit and commitment to our customers and wider communities.
We serve some of the largest financial institutions globally and are expanding our footprint very fast. As we do so, we are keen for new talent to join us and realize their full potential to grow into leadership positions within the business.
UK and USA (East Coast); Our offices are in London and New York, and regular attendance may be required, as may travel to customer sites in the UK/US and internationally. However, CUBE embraces a work-from-home culture when appropriate.
The Services Project Lead has direct responsibility for the following:
- Leadership and ownership of CUBE’s end-to-end implementation projects from initial customer engagement, statements of work, project tracking and exceptional delivery.
- Ensure unrivalled customer service and retention, by exceeding expectation and proactively managing any issues arising during the relationship.
- Once customers are in BAU, drive service utilization ratio through continuous improvement.
- Work closely with internal functions to ensure legal, financial and technical requirements are fully satisfied and approved for each customer engagement.
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships with partners and subcontractors as necessary to ensure customers receive a high quality, aligned service proposition.
- Experience in enterprise-level deployment of and customer onboarding to SaaS platforms for financial services firms.
- Proven-track record working on transformation initiatives related to regulatory / compliance changes, risks and controls.
- Project management and delivery of change and technology transformation within the financial sector; in particular, regulatory-driven initiatives.
- Strong understanding of large-scale programme delivery (Agile, DevOps, waterfall) – SCRUM qualifications would be beneficial.
- Experience of using agile delivery tools such as JIRA, etc.
- Experience working with data models, architecture, taxonomies, data lineage, etc.
- Understanding of digital transformation and capable of conveying key concepts and principles to your team and clients at multiple levels of seniority.
- Ability to facilitate workshops and eliciting business requirements with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of how to operationalise new operating models, technology and processes for the financial services sector.
- Prior experience working in consulting firms and /or technology vendors within financial services would be a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of financial services regulations (e.g. MIFID II and FRTB. SFTR, EMIR, Dodd Frank, CSDR, etc) would be desirable.
- Ability to build trust by doing the right thing and commitment to rigorous professional standards.
- Organised and passionate about building and delivering customer-centric propositions.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience.
- Ability to lead teams and take full accountability for delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate strong collaboration across a wide spectrum of colleagues, including internationally. A proven track record of working with offshore teams would be a major benefit.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure.
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems, apply critical thinking, and rationalise these into workable solutions which can then be delivered.
- A demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
- A university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is usually preferred; however, we would be open to outstanding candidates who may have followed an alternative path.
What working at CUBE offers
We offer a very competitive remuneration package where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive benefits package also includes support for flexible working.
Plus, we offer
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging and knowledgeable colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career working with cutting-edge technology and business ideas.
CUBE was founded in 2011 to transform the way global financial institutions go about their compliance by leveraging Regulatory Content on the Open Web. CUBE provides an automated approach to identifying, analysing and monitoring global regulatory requirements to automate risk and compliance processes, establishing the world’s first automated Regulatory Data Service that monitors every regulatory source globally.
CUBE is growing rapidly with offices in the UK, USA and Australia serving customers across top tier global banks, insurers and asset managers in over 150 countries. CUBE was recently listed as a “RegTech Top Performer” in Market Fintech’s 2017 RegTech Supplier Performance Report and is pioneering the development of machine automated compliance.