Senior Research Linguist – Chinese Plus
- Remote Working
Senior Researcher – Projects
London – Remote working
To maintain authentic, current and accurate information about issuing bodies, laws and regulations that specify requirements for businesses in your assigned jurisdictions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify official, publicly available, online sources for law and regulation and news about regulatory change
- Identify key metadata for law and regulation such as citation, effective date and status
- Monitor law and regulations for updates
- Translate law and regulation into English using a combination of machine translation, QA checks and corrections
- As assigned by Researcher Lead:
- RegBook match or source against customer requirements received via RegFlow.
- RegBook match or source against new and existing customer requirements that Services Research cannot match.
- RegBook update testing.
- RegBook broken link fixing.
- RegBook translation correction.
- RegBook queries and issue response.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Good research skills with an ability to analyse and interpret complex information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English (UK).
- Good knowledge of office applications including Word and Excel and ability to work with electronic research resources.
- Ability to observe strict confidentiality.
- Proven team skills.
- 5 years’ legal research experience.
- Multiple fluent second languages: Chinese plus at least one other language from the list below (ranked in priority order):
Chinese – 1
Bengali – 2
Thai – 2
Vietnamese – 2
Japanese – 3
Korean – 3
Sinhala – 3
Burmese – 4
Khmer – 4
Lao – 4
Maldivian – 4
Mongolian – 4
Tongan – 4
- Knowledge of legal citation, concepts & terminology, and law-making and law publishing processes.
- Legal qualification.
- Experience working in the Financial Services sector.
CUBE was founded in 2011 and since then has provided global organizations an automated solution to manage regulatory updates and requirements powered by artificial intelligence with options for full integration into other systems.
CUBE is growing rapidly with offices in the UK, USA and Australia, serving customers across top tier global banks, insurers and asset managers in over 180 countries. Recently listed in “Top 100 RegTech Companies of 2022”, CUBE is pioneering the development of machine automated compliance.